The ASBMB’s Interactive Mentoring Activities for Grantsmanship Enhancement (IMAGE) grant writing workshop is for assistant professors and postdoctoral scientists who are preparing to transition into independent faculty positions.
- The workshop is open to assistant professors and senior postdoctoral fellows preparing to transition into independent academic positions.
- The ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee especially encourages applications from junior faculty and postdoctoral fellows that are underrepresented minorities, and from assistant professors from minority-serving or primarily undergraduate institutions.
- Participants do not have to be members of the ASBMB.
- The ASBMB and the NSF will cover onsite costs, including group meals.
- Participants must be nominated by their principal investigator or department chair. Letters of support must include a financial commitment to cover travel and lodging.
Workshop participants must be nominated by their principal investigator or department chair. All nominations must be submitted by Friday, May 5, 2017 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Nominations should be submitted using the link at the end of this page.
- One letter of support from the nominating department chair or PI. The letter should include a financial commitment towards travel and lodging.
- Professional CV of nominee.
- A one-page research statement outlining nominee’s research interests or proposed work, including specific research aims.
All documents should prepared as individual files in PDF format.
Notification of Selection:
The final workshop participants will be selected by the middle of May 2017. Notifications will be sent via email to all nominees and nominators.
Application deadline: May 5, at 5 p.m. Eastern
Click here to apply.